In the March 30, 2020 episode of The Vacation Effect Podcast, Michael Ferguson shared tips on how to conduct virtual travel from the comfort of your own home. Listen to full episode here.
In this Episode, Denise and Michael Discuss:
- How to conduct virtual travel from the comfort of your own home.
- The best web sites and apps for virtual travel experiences.
- Experiencing world class museums from anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- How to expand and track your travel bucket list using Google Earth.
- Tips on planning staycations in your own area.
- The best times to see the most popular sites in a city.
- You can travel the world (including the moon) using Google Earth and street view.
- Many museums offer virtual tours of their most popular exhibitions.
- Google Earth is a great way to track and refine your travel bucket list.
- When you travel to other states and countries, Viator.com (and the Viator app) can be a great resource for helping you book excursions.
About Michael Ferguson:
Michael Ferguson is a lifelong traveler, and is the author of the book “Leave Me Alone… I’m on Vacation!” as well as the founder of TravelYourWaytoday.com.
Michael was born in Great Falls, Montana and has lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado almost exclusively since the age of five, taking road trips with his family throughout the Rocky Mountain and Midwest areas of the United States.
Michael studied German and lived for a semester in Lüneburg, Germany with a German family. Michael discovered through this experience the richness of being able to experience a different culture firsthand, which would continue to inspire him during his future travels.
Michael travels often, both for work and for pleasure and has traveled extensively around North America and Europe. In July 2015 Michael added Africa to his journeys as he traveled with his wife and niece to Tanzania, where they enjoyed a safari, and Michael trekked to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. Michael Ferguson continues to be a life-long traveler who loves to explore and experience diverse cultures and destinations.
Connect with Michael Ferguson:
Free digital copy of Michael’s book: Leave Me Alone! I’m On Vacation: http://www.imonvacationbook.com
To buy the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSMKQ9R/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_MhIGEbBCBEZW7
Connect with Denise Gosnell and The Vacation Effect:
Book: The Vacation Effect Book