On March 23, 2020, Jen Du Plessis joined Denise to share what entrepreneurs can do right now to best prepare to weather a recession that is probably coming. Listen to full episode here.
In this episode, Denise and Jen Discuss:
- What entrepreneurs can do right now to best prepare to weather a recession that is probably coming.
- What to do with your lines of credit right now so that you can survive ups and downs that may be ahead.
- What some of the great opportunities are right now for those entrepreneurs are willing to seize the opportunity and be leaders.
- Jen’s 5 step framework on how to create a lifestyle business, which is also very relevant during the ups and downs of business.
- Jen also shared Jonathan Slain’s 5 part framework on Rocking the Recession.
- Let’s not delay success. There are opportunities in the midst of chaos.
- Now is a great time to acquire the knowledge and clarity you need for the next phase.
- Considering accessing some of your lines of credit to keep in cash in case banks start freezing lines of credit
- Make some tune-ups in your business right now (debt consolidation, cancelling unnecessary expenses, etc.) to prepare for ups and downs that may lie ahead.
- Now is a good time to reflect on what you really want in your business and re-evaluate what isn’t serving you
Quote: We are moving to a “We” society and not just a “Me” society (like we did after September 11).
About Jen Du Plessis:
America’s Mortgage Mentor, International Speaker, Top Selling Author, Podcast Hostess
Jen is the Founder of Kinetic Spark Consulting, Black Fox Investments, and Valor Home Solutions. She the Author of “LAUNCH! How to Take your Business to New Heights.” She is also the host of the first mortgage-specific and top-rated Podcast Mortgage Lending Mastery.
She spent over 35 years in residential mortgage lending and was ranked in the Top 200 Loan Originators in the U.S. and in the top 1% for over 15 years, with over $1B in lifetime loan fundings.
She has extensive leadership and sales experience and today is a highly sought-after charismatic and inspirational international Speaker and Coach (sharing stages with Tony Robbins, Les Brown, Barbara Corcoran, Darren Hardy, Magic Johnson, and many more) who specializes in creating Lifestyle Businesses to help mortgage loan originators, realtors and real estate investors multiply their results in record time, while maintaining a commanding and prosperous personal lifestyle.
She has appeared on Good Morning America, Sirus/XM Radio, and Voice America Radio. Jen has been featured in such publications as The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post; And is a regular contributor for Mortgage Executive Magazine and Mortgage Women Magazine.
Connect with Jen Du Plessis:
- Website: https://www.jenduplessis.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.duplessis.52
- FB Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/JenDuPlessis22/
- Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferduplessis/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JenDuPlessis
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIz6-AkN3rMajV8OHfbJ_zw?view_as=subscriber
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jenduplessis/
- For a strategy session with Jen, text the word strategy to 66866
- For the recession assessment by Jonathan Slain that she mentioned, visit: http://www.recession.com
- Jonathan Slain’s book that she recommended is called Rock The Recession: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1544501897/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_6qaEEbCPXQJM8
Connect with Denise Gosnell and The Vacation Effect:
Book: The Vacation Effect Book