On December 30, 2019, Jason Campbell joined Denise to share some rituals in order to achieve a “Zen” life. Listen to full episode here.
In this episode, Denise and Jason discuss:
- What “Zen” means
- Success rituals you can use to lead a “Zen” life
- How to use meditation and music to transform your life
- How to grow your business faster through meditation
- One trick you can use in meditation when your mind wanders too much
- What it’s like to reach the highest state of being in meditation (“Satori” or “Nirvana”)
- The differences between QiGong, Tai Chi, and Yoga, and when to use one versus the other
- Meditation is like putting a snow globe on a flat surface.
- When you feel like you aren’t getting results in meditation or that your thoughts are too frequent, play the cat and mouse game. Ask the question: “I wonder what thoughts are going to come next.” Then watch like a cat watches a hole for the mouse to come out. Observe the thought floating by.
- Even 5-10 minutes of meditation daily can transform your life and your business to give you the clarity you need.
- Meditation allows you to tap into higher intelligence and creativity.
- There is no such thing as good or bad “Zen”. There is just Zen.
“The word human being – there’s a profound teaching in that word. There’s two parts of us – the human part and the being part. The human part constantly changes, we are very different than when we were eight years old. Every seven years, every cell in the body replaces itself and replenishes, so literally the person that you were seven years ago is totally different than the person that you are now. The being part doesn’t change. We are still that eight-year-old observer.” — Jason Campbell
About Jason Campbell:
Jason is a 7th degree black belt and co-founder of Zen Wellness, where they teach “a new definition of wealth” that includes mobility, stability, inner peace, and clarity.
Many Zen Wellness clients begin “rich and broke”, meaning that they have achieved material success, but at the expense of their mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing. The company offers seminars, retreats, and online courses.
Jason’s meditation and Zen training began as a child through music. Jason considers music as a tool for transformation and meditation. Jason has created a music style called 5 Element Meditation Music, by fusing “five-element teachings” and music to be used for both meditation and wellness. He has released 12 albums including 2 new ones in 2019. Jason has had several albums this year in the billboard top five.
Jason’s music has opened meditation to thousands of people who have never done it before or who have tried meditation and have failed in their effort to simply sit still and clear the mind.
Connect with Jason Campbell:
Connect with Denise Gosnell and The Vacation Effect:
Book: The Vacation Effect Book